Saturday, November 26, 2005

One Big Happy Family

It's been one week since we returned home from Kazakhstan, and I have to say that it feels GREAT to be home. We were extremely exhausted and jet lagged, but we are adjusting very well. As soon as we arrived, my frind Julie took us straight to In & Out Burger for a double double, fries, and Diet Coke. It tasted so good! When we reached our house, there were balloons and streamers all over the place. It was like I just got home from the hospital. Stepanie and Darren put them up to celebrate our homecoming. The first thing I did was run in and see my doggies. They were sooooo excited to see us....they went crazy! I had tears of joy in my eyes. I was so overjoyed to be home with McKenna and have my dogs back. This day has always been on my mind, and finally we were in that moment. It was hard to believe. The first couple of nights were hard for McKenna, because of the time differenct. She thought our daytime was her nighttime, so her sleeping time were all thrown off. I couldn't sleep, because I was so excited to be home, and I had a million things on my mind. Craig was tired too...he would fall asleep really early, but get up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. We are now caught up with sleep, and Mckenna is on a regular schedule. We've been taking her on walks to the beach w/the dogs, and she just loves it. She is the most amazing baby...she never cries, and is always happy. This is definitely a blessing for Craig and I. I will post a family picture when my new digital camera arrives. Good night until then...

3 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

lil, craig and mckenna, can't wait to meet you mckenna. you have three handsome boys here ready to introduce you to local boys and flirt. let me know if i can help out with anything. we are available for beach time - we went to kaimana saturday and the zoo. see you soon! aloha, malia, scott, makena, micah and luke

12:46 PM  
Blogger janetttt said...

Hello! Visit our site , please. We are helping orphanages and children in Ukraine. We need your attention, please!

4:43 AM  
Blogger russianbybirth said...

hi! i hope yall get this. My name is Megan and I was actually adopted from that same orphanage about 12 years ago. I was wondering if there was any way yall could give me a shout.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home