Friday, October 28, 2005

Craig as "DaDa"




Craig has been really wonderful with McKenna..He's fighting me for her attention...and you know how competitive he can get. For a big, tough, Hockey player, he can be a softie..He coos with her and baby babbles with Mckenna. I'm attaching a picture of Craig biting her feet..he likes to do that to our dogs too. I'm so used to playing with my dogs..I caught myself calling Mckenna...Maile(my dog). We met w/the coordinator today,and we found out that we have our court date on 11/7/05, which means that we have to stay here for another two weeks. The bad news is that we can't return home back to reality...and the good news is that we get to bring McKenna home with us...without making another trip back here. Below I will list some of the things I noticed here different than the US.

1. The street lights turn red(stop), then red/yellow(people start to go), then green. They drive pretty crazy here. Our driver Phillipich is like our father and always takes care of us. Sometimes we came very close to people crossing the street.

2. When you open a door for someone to come through, they push you though the door, so that you can't hold the door..they don't like that. I keep letting people go, so I'm waiting forever... So Craig always tell me to "push my way through".

3. After the babies eat, they put them on a potty in the playpen with a string attached to their waist(so they can't get up) and let's them potty. They don't wear diapers.

4. They feed the babies while sitting them in their lap. They feed them pretty fast and have them drink from a coffee cup. They seem to have no problem with that

5. The asians don't seem to mingle with the caucasions in public. They seem to hang within their own ethnic group.

6. You are not allowed to Whistle, cross your legs, and drink cold drinks. They associate cold with sickness. They do not serve ice with drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home