Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Two More days until Pre Court


Today is Tuesday, November 1st..We made it through October...Phew! They do not celebrate Halloween here...don't know why. The days are going by quicker here, because we are trying to do more sightseeing. We are still working out daily at the nearby gym. The instructors here are tough. I went to a Pilates class, and I was the only student...I wanted to leave, but didn't want to be rude, so I stayed. I didn't understand a word she was saying...it was kind of funny..Craig and I also attempted a spinning class. Craig told him that we were "intermediate", but in the middle of the class, he basically told us that we were beginners. He made us do all kinds of hard excercises.

We have been trying to cook at the apartment, because we don't have to deal with the language barrier at the restaurants. We had Spaghetti w/Mushrooms..it was pretty good. My family is trying to send me a package, and we just found out that it's somewhere here in kazakhstan..now the question is...will they find the address?

McKenna was wonderful today. She really loves to walk. I introduced her to Pineapple juice...gotta get her accustomed to the Hawaiian fruit juices. I found out that the Baby House will do a ceremony for the children when they start to walk. It's kind of like a "ground breaking" ceremony..where they cut the ribbon. They tie a string around their feet, and they cut it when they take their first step. The traditions here are pretty amazing. The children here are well taken care of, and they are not used to all the videos, games, toys that the we have in the states, so they are pretty content by themselves. They do not need to be entertained a lot.

McKenna will be with us in 6 days until we go back to Los Angeles. We are really looking forward to that...Look for more pictures to come..We miss you guys..and I really miss Maile and Bella...give them lots of kisses for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home